free samples

I have decided to create samples from my sitcom Spiffies and Loonies. For instance I have collected all the scenes in which Mrs. Hazel Twittle (a fool and a prude) performs into a single 80-page booklet, simply titled Mrs. Hazel Twittle, excerpts from Spiffies and Loonies. I have just sent a free copy to a friend in Canada.  Copy + VAT + postage cost me 8.22€. I intend to send some more as an advertising ploy. People interested can also buy them as usual directly from Lulu or on-line bookstores. 

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Potetjp

May I say that something like Spiffies and Loonies is of an age, of a time that has passed. I somehow can’t see it attracting much interest in current markets, but I could be wrong.

• potetjppotetjp Professor
    Possibly. If Spiffies and Loonies is good writing it will please some readers and some performers sooner or later. If it's bad writing, nobody will ever read it or play it. In matters of literature, only the judgment of centuries counts. 
    Oncewas, I looked up your name in the "buy" department of Lulu, and apparently you have published no book so far. If you are a writer, under what name do you write?
    Potetjp, I admire your tenacity.

I don't have a Lulu store. 95 % of my sales are on Amazon, so that is what i concentrate on.
    What a puzzling answer! Do you mean you do not publish with Lulu?
    I do publish with Lulu; I just choose not to have a storefont.
    edited May 15
    Interesting. Thanks. And under what name do you publish with Amazon?   :D