Before completing your order, please take a moment to review information about potential delivery delays.

Due to closures, travel restrictions, and prioritization of vital services, some parcel deliveries may experience delays. Please check with your carrier of choice to verify your location can receive deliveries. In some instances, some deliveries may no longer be possible.
Read More.

Illustrations

If I do my illustrations on 11x14 paper, can Lulu reduce them to fit an industry standard children's book size? Can a do illustrations as a two-page spread? Or do illustrations have to be done to fit single pages?

Comments

• How you doing the illustrations? Digital files? Draw them/ scan then use GIMP or Photoshop to do a resize down to the size you need. It's a complicated question. I forget what "resizing" means in this context. I dont' have GIMP on my PC at the moment.
  • Ron MillerRon Miller Professor
    Lulu will not reduce your art to fit. You need to upload a print-ready PDF file for your book, which means that the art needs to be properly placed on each page as you want it to appear in print. Pretty much any image manipulation software, such as Photoshop or GIMP, can be used to make your art the right size.

If I do my illustrations on 11x14 paper, can Lulu reduce them to fit an industry standard children's book size?

Ron has already answered that, but perhaps to expand on it, you need to look at the size options available in Create. Lulu is mostly a DIY self-publishing site and Create is the start of uploading pre-created files of pages to a Project Wizard to match all the specs in Create.

Can a do illustrations as a two-page spread?

You can if you understand how to create Full-bleed pages in something such as Word, using the sizing advice in Lulu's Knowledge base.

Or do illustrations have to be done to fit single pages?

Sort of yes, and no. To do a double page spread an image has to be cut in half, and each half placed opposite each other on two pages. So really you are still dealing with images on single pages.