Can I set an ebook's publish date?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Lulu, so bear with me. My publisher is going under and ceasing business on May 31st; I get back all the rights to my books that they've published on June 1st. Naturally I'd like to make the transition back to self-published author as smoothly as possible, especially since they just released my new book and I don't want to miss any sales. I've started setting up some titles here on Lulu but I don't see an option to set the publication date. Is there a way to do this? I'd like to set the date for June 1st, as if I were setting up a book for pre-order, and submit it so that, come the 1st, all I have to do is announce the new links to my readers. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Keep your e-book private or in "direct access", and make it public on the 1st of June.

• I would keep the book in a "Draft" state until June 1. If you finish the publication on that day, the publication date will appear as June 1.

• Thanks guys.

About how long does it take for Lulu to distribute ebooks to retailers (Kindle, iBooks, etc)?

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

It can take up to 8 weeks but is usually less.

• For eBooks the time to distribution varies.

Once an eBook is approved by Lulu QA, it is usually available in the iBookstore in 2 business days.

Other retail sites take a little longer but usually within 2 weeks - unless there is a problem.

The eBook will be available almost instantly in the Lulu.com bookstore. So you could release them there on June 1st - driving all early traffic to the Lulu site - where you will make 90% of the profits. Then announce the availability on other sites as it occurs over the next few weeks.

We wish you the best.

Let us know if you need any other advice.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Do note that you cannot use the same ISBNs as used by your previous publishers.

• Thank you Glenn!

• Yes, thank you—I'm aware! Smiley Happy