Revenue issue

Please i don't receive monthly payments. why?


  • I am Canadian and wonder about the revenue issue since is American. Apparently I need an American tax number and to get it I need to fill in a form or forms to do this.

    This is what they need:

    If your book includes a Lulu ISBN, US income taxes will be automatically withheld from sales made in or delivered to the USA. To prevent tax withholding, US authors can submit a completed W-9 tax form and non-US authors can submit form W-8BEN. These forms require an identifier such as a US Social Security Number (SSN), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), or an Employer Identification Number (EIN). For more information about obtaining the required identifier numbers and completing these forms, see "How do I get a W-9 or W-8BEN on File at Lulu."

    How does a Canadian author go about getting revenue then when they need an SSN or an ITIN or an EIN?! Even to fill in the forms? Why can't a Canadian author use their SIN? 

    This makes it very non-lucrative to print using

    Please help...thank you!


  • Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

    Another consideration is that if you opt for a check (cheque), you'll need to wait until your royalties-to-be-disbursed are equal to $25 after taxes if memory serves.

  • potetjppotetjp Professor

    You'll have to pay a bank fee for each foreign cheque. Just use PayPal. 

  • Hello Dawnedon

    The simplest way to avoid all this tax stuff is to obtain your own ISBNs to apply to your books.

    The tax issue is only an issue if you use the free Lulu ISBN.

Sign In or Register to comment.