Before completing your order, please take a moment to review information about potential delivery delays.

Due to closures, travel restrictions, and prioritization of vital services, some parcel deliveries may experience delays. Please check with your carrier of choice to verify your location can receive deliveries. In some instances, some deliveries may no longer be possible.
Read More.

"inside" bleed or not??

I have a question about how to export my indesign-document (it's an A5 document, 145 pages, paperback, with bleed). In Indesign, I designed the document with facing pages / spreads.

When I export my document as pointed out in here: http://connect.lulu.com/t5/De-Opmaak-van-de-Binnenkant/Hoe-maak-ik-een-PDF-in-Indesign-met-Full-Bleed/ta-p/98899 (that is: with bleed on all 4 sides of the pages). That results in single pages with bleed on all 4 sides. 

Is that really how it should be?? When images touch the spine of the spread, they appear in the bleed of the facing page. (Or is this a change in Indesign? I use Indesign CS4 on a Mac)

I always assumed that there was no need of a bleed on the "inside"-side of the pages? In the past I had documents printed without inside-bleed, and that turned out just great.

So... my question is... should I set my export-bleed settings like this:

bleed = top 0.125 inch; bottom 0.125 inch; inside 0.125 inch; outside 0.125 inch;

or like this:

bleed = top 0.125 inch; bottom 0.125 inch; inside 0; outside 0.125 inch;

Comments