I really didn't think it would be published

LarikaLarika Bibliophile
edited December 2019 in General Discussions
My simple poem was actually published in my local paper" Unbelievable".

Comments

• MaggieMaggie Publisher
    Congratulations, Larika. That's amazing. Post a link if there is one.

• LarikaLarika Bibliophile
    edited December 2019
    Maggie the paper "Market Rasen Mail" is on line but I think that they don't put the whole paper on line, so my poem is only in the actual paper. (Well I haven't been able to find it on line.)
  • MaggieMaggie Publisher
    Hmm...show off; take a picture of it and  upload using phone if you can.

LOL I did can't you see it. The cutting is there.
    Acc I can't believe I used an acronym Maggie, U R a bad influence JJ. i said I wouldn't used acronyms again after my friend Mary said she thought LOL meant "lots of love" and had been using it incorrectly. LOL Anyway Maggie 1NAM TTYL  I've GTG to an early breakfast. Lets keep up the bang.
    edited December 2019
  • MaggieMaggie Publisher
    Larika, That is a memorable poem, and effective, besides being softly rendered. You could easily turn that into a children's book. Contact Mel Casipit if you ever decide to do that. Highly affordable and quick. I have used him on two books and referred him to one other author. She was very pleased. Her book is called Farmer Sue Knew if you want to look it up for the illustration style.

Thanks Maggie I will. I am a vegetarian but never preach veganism or vegetarianism. However I absolutely detest those horrendous factory farms and am horrified at the rate our rain forests and other areas are being destroyed so these "farms" can go up. I have no quarrel with the farmers who raise their cattle in a decent way. I wish people would  study labels and choose the kind of meat that comes from animals that have been raised kindly in a proper environment. I love the idea of a childrens' book with illustrations and my simple poem. THANK YOU Maggie.
  • MaggieMaggie Publisher
    This could be your Author's Note:

I am a vegetarian but never preach veganism or vegetarianism. However I absolutely detest those horrendous factory farms and am horrified at the rate our rain forests and other areas are being destroyed so these "farms" can go up. I have no quarrel with the farmers who raise their cattle in a decent way. I wish people would  study labels and choose the kind of meat that comes from animals that have been raised kindly in a proper environment. I love the idea of a children's book with illustrations and my simple poem.

Farmer Sue Knew is also about being kind to animals. Tabatha James the author, is a vegetarian like you.

edited December 2019
    I checked out Farmer Sue Knew. The only place I could find it was on Tabitha James' site. (I think she's a vegan) I wanted to see who had published it but couldn't find any publisher. Mel Cassipit is a talented illustrator but I'd like to use my own illustrations. I love the idea of turning it into a book. However it may only be my dream but a lovely one!
  • MaggieMaggie Publisher
    No  no, it's not a dream. You can do it. Start!

edited December 2019
    Thanks Maggie. Well I've started on the drawings and have completed one this morning. It needs colouring and I thought I'd do that after I'd scanned it into the computer, but I'm not sure yet. The thing is, I gave away most of my art stuff and hardly do any art work now. Still I've made a"Start"
  • MaggieMaggie Publisher
    Good for you! Draw with anything you can find. It will be a great book.

• Larika said:
    Thanks Maggie. Well I've started on the drawings and have completed one this morning. It needs colouring and I thought I'd do that after I'd scanned it into the computer, but I'm not sure yet. The thing is, I gave away most of my art stuff and hardly do any art work now. Still I've made a"Start"

I am looking forward to seeing it!
    I am looking forward to seeing it! Ron I've sketched out 5 illustrations so far, but have still got a lot of work to do. I hope I have the energy and will to finish. We are friends on Facebook so I'll see you there, also I've made a bookmark of a site you suggested in another post. All the best for the New Year.