Before completing your order, please take a moment to review information about potential delivery delays.

Due to closures, travel restrictions, and prioritization of vital services, some parcel deliveries may experience delays. Please check with your carrier of choice to verify your location can receive deliveries. In some instances, some deliveries may no longer be possible.
Read More.

What is a good book?

From one of my cardboard boxes, I recently exhumed The Secret History (1992) by Donna TARTT. I had read it the year it was published, completely forgotten the story except the atmosphere, the supreme quality of the author's English, and a chapter when, in the depth of winter, schools being closed, a college student had to sleep in an unheated warehouse. Reading it again, I realized what a great piece of literature it was. Eventually I have come to the conclusion that if you have pleasure reading a book again, then it is a good book. Now why shouldn't a writer apply the same test to his own books? If he / she finds pleasure reading something published ten year ago, then - in my opinion - they can consider their book a good one.
Tagged:

Comments