Custom sizes

Are there custom sizes for paperback books for picture books?  8x8 preferably.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Mandy_Leigh_3!

At this time, Lulu is unable to print books in custom sizes or with binding types other than those we currently offer. Although we do not offer an 8" x 8" product size at this time, we do offer two similar square sizes: 7.5" x 7.5" (Small Square) or 8.5" x 8.5" (Square).

Our complete listing of book types and sizes can be found here: http://www.lulu.com/create/books
  • benzigerbenziger Author
    At this time, Lulu is unable to print books in custom sizes or with binding types other than those we currently offer.
    Can I understand this as meaning that other formats are planned for the future?

If so, I would like to suggest more landscape formats for picture books and a really small one for square books, e.g. 4" x 4" (10cm x 10cm).

In addition, picture books for preschool children are often only 24 pages long. Lulu demands much more. This is annoying and drives me to other providers. This value would have to be lowered (best in all formats).

• MaggieMaggie Creator
    edited June 8
    You can add all kinds of pages, which, yes, will increase the cost of the book but will make no difference to preschoolers. Part title page, full title page, copyright, dedication, glossary of terms, note from the author or about the author, definitions, lead sheet, end sheet, questions for teachers, etc. And a blank page at the end. This will give you the required 32 pages.

• benziger said:

Can I understand this as meaning that other formats are planned for the future?

If so, I would like to suggest more landscape formats for picture books and a really small one for square books, e.g. 4" x 4" (10cm x 10cm).

In addition, picture books for preschool children are often only 24 pages long. Lulu demands much more. This is annoying and drives me to other providers. This value would have to be lowered (best in all formats).

We are always open to suggestions regarding product and size options for future consideration! To officially request your book size for consideration, you can leave your feedback here.
  • potetjppotetjp Professor
    Hardbound Crown Quarto would be useful for some didactic books.