We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Can I print Lulu-published book locally?

HENRYHENRY Reader
edited January 30 in Print Books
I have 3 questions:

1) I'm based in the Philippines. I plan to publish (print and ebook) with Lulu soon. Can I later on print the book locally in Manila (using the formatted proof or printable version processed with Lulu templates) and distribute/sell them here? (I plan to buy discounted copies myself from Lulu but only a few copies. Apart from what I order, I want to know if it's possible to print the book in some local printers in Manila?

2) How would my copyright page look like? If my name appears as the copyright owner and publisher of my book, where (in print version) would Lulu name or Lulu logo appear?

3) Does Lulu demand exclusivity in publication? Can the book I publish with Lulu be simultaneously published and distributed by other publishing companies?

Thanks.

Henry 

Best Answer

• Paul_LuluPaul_Lulu Admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Henry,

1) When you publish with Lulu, you own the content. So you're completely free to use our service for some printing and later use another printer to make additional copies.

2) The option to include Lulu or the Lulu logo is entirely up to you. There's no requirement or obligation to include it anywhere in the book.

3) Zero exclusivity. We've got no problem with simultaneous publishing, though you would want to be sure other publishers are likewise open to using multiple platforms.

Answers

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    1) I'm based in the Philippines. I plan to publish (print and ebook) with Lulu soon. Can I later on print the book locally in Manila (using the formatted proof or printable version processed with Lulu templates) and distribute/sell them here? (I plan to buy discounted copies myself from Lulu but only a few copies. Apart from what I order, I want to know if it's possible to print the book in some local printers in Manila?

They will need machines that are able to create a book, and preferably from a PDF. Lulu's Wizards create a Print Ready PDF, two in fact, one for content and one for the cover, which you can download.

2) How would my copyright page look like? If my name appears as the copyright owner and publisher of my book, where (in print version) would Lulu name or Lulu logo appear?

As Paul says, there's no need to mention Lulu at all. You are the publisher.

3) Does Lulu demand exclusivity in publication?

Again as Paul has said, you own the Copyright and keep ownership of it.

Can the book I publish with Lulu be simultaneously published and distributed by other publishing companies?

I am not sure why you would need to. If you use one of Lulu's free ISBNs your book will be made available on almost all on-line book retailers possible, including Amazon. Having said that, I also publish just the Mobi versions of my books for Kindles directly on to Amazon. (But without the Lulu ISBN!) But ePubs at Lulu.

http://connect.lulu.com/en/categories/print-and-ebooks/sso?_ga=2.128020367.2045822241.1548881177-530106220.1548881177