amazon no show

Hi, I received notification that my my re-released book 'Solway Tide' met all distribution requirements on July 3rd. Over 4 weeks gone and still not showing on Amazon. Initially, it was taken down by Amazon for using the word 'palette' where 'palate' should have been the correct usage and the word 'compound' instead of 'impound.' (Can't begin to describe the number of Amazon Kindle books I've downloaded riddled with spelling and grammatical errors,so why they picked on me I don't know) I could have argued that last one but couldn't be asked, so just made the amendments and re-published. I'm just wondering now if Amazon are boycotting it. Do I need a support ticket or can someone here sort it or advise?

Answers

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

It can take up to 8 weeks.

Did you actually ask Amazon why they took down your book? You have still not said. I still feel sure that someone used the Report button. Even Amazon do not have the staff to read every single book placed on to their site. They would have to be multi-lingual, also.

Then again, what is the content of your book? Should it have been marked as Adult for example?

• Amazon said it was for the reasons given, misuse of two words. If it takes 8 weeks I'll wait then, but why do Lulu say 2-4 weeks? The book contains violence and swearing and has a warning in the description, but is no worse than many other novels I've read that are not marked as adult.
  • I think Lulu site says 6-8 weeks. In my experience it hits Amazon in 2 weeks. Others sites like Barnes and Noble have taken longer.
  • It appears on Barnes and Noble, but not Kobo or Amazon. Lulu site does say 2-4 weeks. I'll give it another month anyway.
  • Hi Marquesa,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this earlier today.

I suggest touching base with our support team. From what I can see, your books shows as 'active' with Amazon, yet the listing isn't on their site. Something doesn't look quite right to me...
  • Did you pick on Jeff Bezos when he was in high school or something? My book got on there and I know for a fact it has typos...that I am working to correct.
    Tim Reinholt Author of Pow, a ski bum heist adventure

Amazon said it was for the reasons given, misuse of two words. If it takes 8 weeks I'll wait then, but why do Lulu say 2-4 weeks?

Does it? I am sure it says can take up to 8 weeks, but up-to covers a lot of time, and it can be very variable. To be honest, I never look. I just know that my books will end up there eventually. Patience is a virtue, apparently.

The book contains violence and swearing and has a warning in the description, but is no worse than many other novels I've read that are not marked as adult.

Then in my mind there's little doubt that is why your book was taken down. That is, again without doubt, classed as Adult. What a book lacks in content lowers the 'official' age range. Swearing, blood, violence, sex, etc. Remove each one at a time and the age range supposedly 'allowed' to read them will indeed get younger. Think of your book like a film, and use the same rating, and look to find out why they have those ratings. Have you never noticed that in some films they can show a head being hacked off, but not in others with the same type of content?  The camera moves away. Raise the age rating even more, and the head being chopped off will include a lot of blood.

• wildwindwildwind Publisher
    Kevin - It is not very realistic to suggest
    Then in my mind there's little doubt that is why your book was taken down. That is, again without doubt, classed as Adult.

when the book had been available on Amazon for a number of years and there are tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of books on Amazon containing violence, swearing and sex. At no stage did Marquesa say that Amazon asked for the book to be described as adult in nature. So, although you might be clear in your mind why the book was taken down this does match the reality.

Kevin - It is not very realistic to suggest
    Then in my mind there's little doubt that is why your book was taken down. That is, again without doubt, classed as Adult.

when the book had been available on Amazon for a number of years and there are tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of books on Amazon containing violence, swearing and sex. At no stage did Marquesa say that Amazon asked for the book to be described as adult in nature. So, although you might be clear in your mind why the book was taken down this does match the reality.

Ah, another snipe. And it sounds as if you have again not bothered to read previous posts in this thread.

If you register with Amazon, you give your date of birth. Their system then 'adjusts' what you are able to browse, based on age. If you are above, say 18, then it will allow you to see content tagged as 'Adult.'  If you are under that age, then you cannot see them. Many sites do the same. Lulu does.
    I publish direct to Amazon, I know what their rules and ratings are. I also know that like many other sites, Amazon very often change their rules. 'Tighten' them up, as they often say. I also know, and have said so here,

and so have others in their replies, (and you have not accosted them for some reason ... )

that Amazon will not remove a book because of a few typos. (In the example of e-books, they only check to see if they work.)
    But they will remove a book that's been Reported by use of the 'Report This' link, that can be clicked by anyone, for any reason. Amazon do not even have to give a reason, nor tell you who clicked it.