Print books - Value quality

Why are the value options apparently not available for Dstribution? I have text-only projects that do not require the Premium quality interior paper. Most published books in the chosen category likewise only use standard grades of paper. Surely a more apt and affordable grade option could be made available to Lulu self-publishers?

Comments

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

Generally, the terms of distribution are set by Lulu's distribution partners, rather than Lulu itself. So the fact that you cannot distribute the value grade paperbacks is more likely to do with one of the distributors wanting to receive them, rather than Lulu not wanting to distribute them.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I have never used the Value option, because as you say, they cannot have an ISBN. But the Premium option says it is of Bookshop quality. But they are way above the average quality of paperbacks to be found for sale, so is Value on a par with many mass-produced paperbacks on the market? If so then why is Dist not possible for Value? Although I do believe that the Value option is only printed by one printer who is in the USA. Then again, so are the Hardbacks.

I hope Lulu can tell us.

• It's simply a matter of the distribution agreements we have.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    They often make no sense. I hope Lulu constantly fight for better agreements.