Author Name laid on Lulu on the spine

Hi, I'm using the old cover maker and the default set up is setting the last letter of my name on the Lulu image. Can I move my name further towards the center of the spine, or should I just go with a shorter last name? :)
Tim Reinholt Author of Pow, a ski bum heist adventure

Comments

• What Lulu image is on the spine? It's a long time since I've used the old system, but I can't recall anything being in the way. But, if there is something, then I think you can shunt the text further along.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    There is often a default Lulu icon on the spine, but you can remove it using the tools. But I don't recall seeing one for a long time, I don't think it's included in the 'New' (years old!) Cover Wizard, the one that opens if you wait.
  • SeamusSeamus Creator
    OK, I was just using the old one because it allowed me to insert my full size image on the cover. The new one only allows an image on the bottom 2/3. Unless I'm wrong, can I drop the text defaults on the new one and just paste my image there?
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    The 'new' one even has a side bar were you can preload images to, and can then drag them to the design window. And yes, you can use full images to drag over the entire front, and another to drag over the entire back. It's a far better tool and after all these years I cannot guess why the old one still exists!
  • SeamusSeamus Creator
    Cool, if I don't like how the old one turns out I'll try something on the new one.