We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Resize Barcode

Does anyone know how to resize the bar code to fit Lulu specs without causing the bar code to be unreadable?

Comments

• How far out from the Lulu specs for these, is your barcode? I know these come in different sizes, but they do tend to be all within the same ballpark and I can't envisage adjusting to the Lulu specs would be a problem. If you literally mean how, then in your graphics prog, load the image, and untick the box/es for resizing proportionally, so you can set separate widths and heights. If you're stuck with a PDF for this and haven't got a full PDF editor, then use a prog, or an online service which can convert them to image files, it will be easier to sort then. As a last gasp solution (I have done this, it worked for me, I cannot guarantee it will for you, but you can try), load the PDF at full size, take a screenshot, and select 'Paste as New Image' in your prog. Then crop away the guff, immediately save as a PNG, save to 300 DPI at least, or higher, then resize the dimensions. Best of luck.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    Don't play with the barcode. It will result in a mess. Enter ISBN and generate a new one using free online barcode generator. Download as EPS file so as to not affect the quality. 

I have the link on my PC. If you haven't found one by tomorrow I'll come and post the link.
     A citizen of the world.

• I dunno, Em, most barcode images I've ever had, from Lulu or elsewhere, have been pretty robust. I've embiggened them, reduced them, and no problem. But yes, if a new one can be generated, then that's the best solution.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    If I recall right, at the Dist/barcode section of the Wizards, when an ISBN is entered it gives you the option to download the generated barcode. I assume that will be the 'correct' size, so I have to ask, why do you wish to change the size of it? On my Lulu covers they are always 2 and 3/8ths" by 1 and 1/8th", if that helps. (Lulu generated in the 'Normal' Cover Wizard.)