Lulu cover thumbnail - looks bad!

Hi there,

what are the exact specs for the cover thumbnail that appears on the Lulu page (see here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/meredith-lewis/ask-for-the-moon/paperback/product-23624738.html)

Is it a JPG? PDF?? TIF? What image size?

I spent ages on this cover and it looks absolutely horrible in the thumbnail - the colour is completely wrong and it's low-res. 

Many thanks for your time.

Rebecca S

Comments

• Hi Rebecca,

I do see that there is a color difference between what appears on the cover versus what is in the print ready file.

Occasionally, the thumbnails will not generate properly and we will have to go in and fix them.

I will create a support case so that we can follow up with you after the changes have been made.
  • BoostewBoostew Reader
    Thanks so much for getting onto this quickly. Give me a shout when you're done!
    Cheers, Rebecca S
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

My covers always originate as JPGs, but the Cover Design Wizard will always turn them in the PDFs. I assume it's those PDFs used to generate the thumbnails?

The covers in the Previews also look rough. They use Flash, but are they also generated from the PR PDFs?

BTW. On my Android devices I cannot open the Previews here. There seems to be no Flash for Android. When will you start using the new HTML coding that places like Amazon seem to use for their Previews now?

• Hi Kevin,

I am not sure if we are going to implement HTML coding for our Previews on this platform.

We will be moving from Flash as it is becoming obsolete. What we decide to use on Xpress is to be determined.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    That sort of hints that this site will be put on the back burner for updates.