I click "approve book", but nothing happens...

GryffianGryffian Charleston, WV Reader
I click the "approve book" button, but nothing happens... It just takes me to a white blank page....

Here is my book. 

http://www.lulu.com/shop/d-michl-lowe/modern-chivalry/paperback/product-23598216.html
Tagged:

Comments

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher
    Have you purchased a proof copy? After you do, it may take a few hours before you can approve it. I usually log off and come back later to approve it. 
  • GryffianGryffian Charleston, WV Reader
    I did get a proof copy in the mail. However, it still isnt working. 
    Now, its taken the option to "approve book" away, and it only gives me the option to buy book again. I dont understand whats going on. 
    I havent made a revision at all, so it shouldnt require me to buy another one. 
  • It looks like this might be something happening on our end. We've had a few reports of distribution approval not working since Friday (4/20) evening.

I'll update again once we know more, but it looks like this will be a priority for our engineering staff today.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Have you purchased a proof copy? After you do, it may take a few hours before you can approve it. I usually log off and come back later to approve it. 

Surely at least a few days will have passed before you Approve it? The time it takes to be shipped and you have examined it?

• Gryffian said:
    Now, its taken the option to "approve book" away, and it only gives me the option to buy book again. I dont understand whats going on. 

Is it possible that you clicked "revise book" or otherwise made changes after ordering the proof? If so, then it will expect you to re-order the proof (to prove and approve the new changes).
  • I see that Paul is on the case. Please disregard my comment.
  • I just went for an update from our team and they are still trying to pinpoint the exact problem. Hopefully we'll have this resolved very soon.
  • edited April 2018
    I do have the same problem. I couldn't approve my book yesterday. But now, the "approve button" is gone and I do have to order a new proof copy, though I already ordered one. I am sick of it!
  • Don't order another proof yet!

I tagged your support case with this issue. Give us a chance to sort out why the Approve option isn't appearing correctly. Most likely you will not need to order another proof.
  • Hi Everyone,

If you purchased the most recent version but you are not seeing the status to "approve" the title, it is recommended to clear your cookies and cache in your browser. We find that this will then allow you to approve the title.

However, please keep in mind that we are still working to resolve the blank screen after approving.

When this issue is resolved, I will be posting an update in this thread specifically.
  • Hi Everyone,

eBooks and Print Books can now be approved again.

Please note that if you purchased the recent version but do not have the option to approve, please clear your cookies and cache and it should reappear.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

There's a few ways to delete them, but there's also a few different versions of Windows, not to mention Macs, so have a look at these options >>   https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+delete+cookies&qpvt=how+to+delete+cookies&FORM=VDRE

My browser is supposed to delete most of them when I shut it, and of course you can customise most browsers to only allow the cookies you want. Be careful though because some cookies store useful information about sites you visit often, and have auto-log in set, for example.

This is also handy >>  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260897/how-to-delete-the-contents-of-the-temporary-internet-files-folder, but still remove Temp files with care.