We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Time to be listed on Amazon?

For current authors: how long have you found it takes before your published book on Lulu appears for sale on Amazon.com? I've seen estimated of 6-8 weeks, but that seemed unusually high to me. 

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher
    Six to eight weeks is about average though late in the year it can take longer [due to the number of people wanting to make Christmas sales].

The cover and unavailable status takes maybe three weeks. It gets fully listed after a few more weeks.

You might get lucky and have your book fully listed within three to four weeks but you shouldn't get your hopes up.
  • Hi,
    I published my debut novel 'The Children of the Future' with lulu a week and a half ago and it started to appear on amazon listings within three days - very deep down for the keywords.  
    After a week it was listed as temporarily unavailable so I asked all my friends & family etc to request it, even though I'd rather they bought it from lulu for more revenue.
       After another 3 days it's now appearing as in stock with next day delivery so I guess they must have bought a load in. The same with amazon.com for US sales.
       You've got to play the amazon game if you want a lot of sales, even if you don't like them.
      You might make a lot more from lulu.com but the amazon best seller list is the holy grail. 

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Pamoran

You are engaged in print on demand publishing so Amazon does not buy a lot of stock in. They print a book when a customer orders one. What you saw with the book being temporarily unavailable is the usual pattern for a new book.

One thing you are correct about is that Amazon is very important when it comes to book sales.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I am surprised to see one listed so fast. But due to this being POD, and often with very low sales, one knows that many of the 3rd party sellers who claim to carry stock, don't. Same with ones claiming to have 'Used' books, and I will not even mention the 3rd parties upping the price by 500%!

Amazon own Createspace, another self-publishing site, but I do believe that any POD book, such as one published here, ordered via Amazon, is printed by Createspace. No stock is held. Although one can never be sure with Amazon! But if they do print any for stock, they should automatically pay us for them.

• My experience after approving a paperback is usually 2 weeks to appear on Amazon. I just approved one in March around the last week and it's on Amazon now. Ebooks I have had about the same experience, no longer than two weeks. Barnes and Noble on the other hand does take longer. Sometimes 3 or 4 weeks or longer.