We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

eBooks and PDF files

I may have missed it, but can I use pdf files for creating my ebook, as I did with my Print books?

Dave

Comments

• From my experience, you can. I've done that several times myself! :-)

• You can for paperback but don't think so for ebooks. The convertor does some things to the document to get it ready.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    No, you will have a mess on your hands. Title at the very least has to be assigned heading 1 style. The chapters titles should also be h1, if you want a decent ebook.
     A citizen of the world.

• Hi dloewen!

You have the option to create a PDF eBook but it is not retail distribution eligible.

For retail eligible eBooks, you will need a MS Word file or OpenOffice with proper heading styles.
  • dloewendloewen Reader

Thanks - I had finally figured that out late last night, after a lot of frustrating, dead-end attempts. I've successfully published a short sample that I was able to read on my eReaders (Kindle and Kobo) using a PDF format. I know where and how I'll need to tweak it to make it more acceptable. This publication is only intended for a select group of people, so I'm not too concerned about marketability.

• dloewendloewen Reader

Thanks - I've successfully published a short sampler, which I was able to read quite well on my iBooks, Kindle, and Kobo readers. My project is for a select group of consumers (High School Grad Class Reunion), and so marketability is not an issue.