PUBLICATION CONTROL

Dear All, I have a publicist who needs me to give a fixed date for publication in advance - at what point can I upload my book and thus process ISBN and retail pricing etc, WITHOUT fearing that Lulu will release my book prior to my preferred timing?

I may have missed something in the tutorials, but it looks as though by uploading my manuscript it becomes published even without my say so.

Martinchennai would love to hear from someone in the know.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Dear All, I have a publicist who needs me to give a fixed date for publication in advance - at what point can I upload my book

Whenever you think it is ready.

and thus process ISBN and retail pricing etc,

At the start you can set it to Private if you like, then it will never be published, just created for yourself to buy (at Cost). When you are ready you can go back through its Project Wizard and set it to General, and it will then generate an ISBN (which will need to be shown on the Copyright page, but the ('basic') Cover Wizard will add it to the back cover with a barcode).

WITHOUT fearing that Lulu will release my book prior to my preferred timing?

It is all done by software and that is defaulted to what you set it to. One other option is Direct which means it will only appear on your Spotlight for anyone you give its address to can buy it.

I may have missed something in the tutorials, but it looks as though by uploading my manuscript it becomes published even without my say so.

Nope, you have full control, but note that you cannot just upload a manuscript. You have to beforehand create a file of pages (PDF or Docx) formatted in the exact same manner as the pages of a published book and to the size you have picked in Create. Also note that some cannot have an ISBN. Only the ones in Create marked with the green tick can.

Martinchennai would love to hear from someone in the know.

Lulu Knows   Smiley Happy   http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Print-and-eBooks/tkbc-p/forums_kb

• Just set the book to private then no one will see it. Then you can change that later when the time to publish has come.