Before completing your order, please take a moment to review information about potential delivery delays.

Due to closures, travel restrictions, and prioritization of vital services, some parcel deliveries may experience delays. Please check with your carrier of choice to verify your location can receive deliveries. In some instances, some deliveries may no longer be possible.
Read More.

Lulu vs Createspace distribution

I published a gorgeous book using Createspace several months ago. The book is stunning, and I've been watching the sales. A handful. The price is $6.99.

I've been watching, also, my lulu sales for other books, much more expensive. And they have been selling 5 or 10 times those at Createspace.

So, I decided to do an experiment. I took that same beautiful book, with a gorgeous cover and impeccable interior, made hardcover version at lulu. The price: $24.99.

So, $6.99 at Createspace, and $24.99 at lulu. Guess what. Within a fews days the book has sold. At $24.99. Through lulu distribution. Through Createspace, at $6.99, nothing.

Createspace has proven to have lousy distribution. I have no idea what lulu is doing, but it's doing something right.

I even convinced my friend Lesley to take her lovely book and publish the A5 version here. Let us see what her sales are on the 7th. So far at Createspace, I think four.

There you have it. These conclusions are based ona year's worth of comparison studies.

Now, I think it would be wonderful if lulu expanded this even more: China, Japan. They have millions of people there, and yes, they buy English books.

A citizen of the world.

Comments