Document Created in Indesign, Help!

I've created a document, kinda like a portfolio in Indesign (its an Adobe program). I made it on a 8.5 x 8.5 layout, with 5" margins. All of my content fits within this size, but I'm not sure if I need to do anything else? When I went to look at templates to check the margin size everything was in Microsoft word. I can create a PDF using this program. I've never used an online publisher before so I'm just worried I'll mess something up.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Comments

• court13 wrote:

I've created a document, kinda like a portfolio in Indesign (its an Adobe program). I made it on a 8.5 x 8.5 layout, with 5" margins. All of my content fits within this size, but I'm not sure if I need to do anything else? When I went to look at templates to check the margin size everything was in Microsoft word. I can create a PDF using this program. I've never used an online publisher before so I'm just worried I'll mess something up.

Any help would be appreciated! 

The only 8.5" x 8.5" option on Lulu is Photobooks or calendars, and you do not load a file of pages up to the Studio Wizard to create those, just images. If that is not what you want then you will have to pick another format and adjust your file of pages to match. That is very important.

I assume you did not mean 5" margins?! But if you meant 0.50" I would suggest they are too small and 0.75" would be better, with a 0.25" Gutter.

If InDesign can save as a PDF you can upload that up to a Project Wizard,  but they are a bit fussy about the settings in the PDF.

I would suggest you have a good read of Lulu's Learn sections before you finalise your pages.

• Hmmm.. lulu has an 8.5x8.5, colour book, perfect bound. In US store.

Court, upload and order a proof. You can later remove margins and go for full bleed if you do not want white around edges.

A citizen of the world.

• I had to change to the US site to see the sizes in inches. It's CMs almost everywhere else and I do still think in inches.

You are right, there is an 8.5 x 8.5 Premium paperback option. Strange I did not spot it.