COVER

I've made a book each year the last five years of my blog. I've never had a problem before but this year on the old cover wizard I couldn't download ANY pictures and on the new wizare I could download pictures but I couldn't add a title or text. Does anyone know what to do? 

Comments

• Upload pictures?

Have you tried to prepare your own one-piece PDF and upload that?

Regarding your question precisely, it might be a temporary glitch. Try a different browser, try again tomorrow morning? When the site is less busy?

A citizen of the world.

• This site is buggy the last two days. I have tried to reply to private messages and would end getting a "can't load page" message. Took two or three tries to get it. Probably the site causing the problem.

• Thanks. But I've been working on this everyday for two weeks. I was able to download the pictures I wanted to use but now I can't add any text or a title on the cover. The customer service guy I was working with told me to try the old cover wizard but I couldn't transfer the cover from the new wizard to the old wizard and the old wizard won't let me download any pictures (says wrong size) or access any I downloaded on the new wizard. 

I've never had a problem before. I just don't understand what is wrong. 

Em_Press wrote:

Upload pictures?

Have you tried to prepare your own one-piece PDF and upload that?

Regarding your question precisely, it might be a temporary glitch. Try a different browser, try again tomorrow morning? When the site is less busy?

• Thanks. But I've been working on this everyday for two weeks. I was able to download the pictures I wanted to use but now I can't add any text or a title on the cover. The customer service guy I was working with told me to try the old cover wizard but I couldn't transfer the cover from the new wizard to the old wizard and the old wizard won't let me download any pictures (says wrong size) or access any I downloaded on the new wizard. 

I've never had a problem before. I just don't understand what is wrong.

I assume you mean upload? Transferring files from off your PC to the internet is called uploading and transferring them to your PC from off it is called downloading. It sort of makes sense.

Text is auto-inserted to the Cover Wizards using the details you type in at the start of the Project. The name of the book (which is also the Project name) and your name. If you are creating an ePub then they have to match perfectly or the Project will fail the final tests. Usually I upload full cover designs that include all the text I want on them, and I delete the default text the Wizard has added. It still has to match though.

You cannot transfer files from one Project to another in the way you mean, but if they have been uploaded you may find them in your My Files and they can be used from there. You can in fact upload them direct to your My Files.

But you say it tells you Wrong Size, so what are you trying to upload and in to what?