Doc is showing markup when in print ready form

Hi, I am new new Lulu and wanted to print a book. I keep uploading my doc and it is showing up with "markup" balloons on the right side of the doc. I am having such a problem with it. Any advice on how to permanently turn it off so that I can have just the text? I turn it off in the original word doc, save it, no luck. Help!

Comments

• Try doing the following:

Copy your entire Word document into Notepad (this strips away any Word formatting) Apologies if you know all this but some people don't: Control + A selects the entire document, then Control + C to copy and then Control + V to paste into the new document.

Copy the entire Notepad document back into a new Word document.

Do the conversion to PDF yourself by using a programme such as doPDF which is free to download. Once installed simply print your Word document to doPDF (from the Print menu), elect the size of the book you're making and then upload that PDF to Lulu.

• Ok, go into File/Check for Issues (button on right bottom), Inspect Document/ Remove document properties and personal information. Also go into Review/Track Changes and unclick everything. Print your own PDF using DoPDF and upload that.

A citizen of the world.

• Em_Press wrote:

Ok, go into File/Check for Issues (button on right bottom), Inspect Document/ Remove document properties and personal information. Also go into Review/Track Changes and unclick everything. Print your own PDF using DoPDF and upload that.

Under the Review/ Track Changes menu (depending on your version, it may be somewhere else), you need to 1) Accept All Changes and 2) Stop Tracking. Then you save the document and convert to PDF.