Supplying my own ISBN but not distributing outside Lulu

Hi,

I want to supply my own ISBN when I am publishing the book, but I want the book to be sold only on Lulu.com.

I do not want Amazon, B&N, etc. distribution through Lulu. Is there a way to achieve that? How?

Thanks,

Sid

Comments

• Start a project by clicking Create, choose the book size you want and then on the next screen where it says What Do You Want To Do With This Project select Sell Only On The Lulu Marketplace.

choice.jpg

• To apply the ISBN, you do need to select the "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, B&N, and More" on the title step. This is the only way to activate the ISBN step to add your information.

To keep the book only on Lulu, you will just want to neglect to active the Global Reach option once the book is complete. This is located under the Manage button next to your completed book. 

• Paul_Lulu wrote:

To apply the ISBN, you do need to select the "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, B&N, and More" on the title step. This is the only way to activate the ISBN step to add your information.

To keep the book only on Lulu, you will just want to neglect to active the Global Reach option once the book is complete. This is located under the Manage button next to your completed book. 

Thank you; that helps a lot.

• sidd_d wrote:

Paul_Lulu wrote:

To apply the ISBN, you do need to select the "Sell on Lulu, Amazon, B&N, and More" on the title step. This is the only way to activate the ISBN step to add your information.

Thank you; that helps a lot.

Paul,

As a follow-up, does that mean that I cannot publish a Standard Paperback with a ISBN, even if I do not intend to sell it with the Global Reach option?

Thanks,

Sid

• Hi Sid,

Sadly, yes. We only allow ISBNs to be applied to books that can be distributed (to prevent confusion after the publishing is completed). So the Standard paperback will not allow for an ISBN to be applied.