Where are Lulu printers located?

From what I've seen in posts around here, there are printers located in:

Australia

Canada

France

Netherlands

United Kingdom

USA

Do any other countries have printers? Is there anywhere to see what items each printer is capable of printing? I know some printers only do certain trim sizes etc.

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

jsamson a écrit :

Is there anywhere to see what items each printer is capable of printing? I know some printers only do certain trim sizes etc.

From the moment Lulu has accepted your book in the format of your choice, it will be manufactured as promised, no matter where the customer is located.

If your format is only manufactured in the US, Lulu will inform you of this restriction.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

Don't forget our Lulu books are also distributed by Amazon. For instance Amazon Japan carries mine; so I suppose they are printed there, otherwise the postage would be very costly.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Jean-Paul-G.-POTET/e/B00ASLEOBW

• Oh, that makes sense. So Lulu prints their books wherever it's easier for the customer, aka, us?
  • All of my orders are marked as coming from a city 30 mins away, so that's been my experience. (I'm in Ontario, Canada) This is one of the advantages to POD - your books pop into existence closer to their final destination, so there's less shipping.

• Scyoni wrote:

All of my orders are marked as coming from a city 30 mins away, so that's been my experience. (I'm in Ontario, Canada) This is one of the advantages to POD - your books pop into existence closer to their final destination, so there's less shipping.

Oh, how I wish what you say is true!!!

I've been with Lulu for many years, and whenever I receive a package from Lulu, it originates from the east coast of USA. This is good IF you live on the east coast. I live in Arizona and it takes a long time to receive orders from Lulu - unless one has lots of cash and is willing to pay air freight. Typically, I will wait minimum 7 business days for my shipment to arrive.

I had a recent order of one of my books to arrive in B.C., Canada, two weeks later.

Not good. But I love publishing through Lulu, so I stay.

• Ouch! I guess I'm lucky enough to live close to one of their printers then.

Although - it still takes about a week for me to get my books, from the time I order them. They take a few days to print and there's always at least one weekend before or during the shipping process where Canada Post isn't operating.

Even so - at least the printers are relatively local. Imagine if all of our orders were made in China or something? That would suck.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

It all depends on the quality of the local postal service.