Never Give Up!

After a reasonably good start to the year, my sales started to slide around about May. After getting despondent I got angry and started working harder than ever.

This past week has probably been one of my best on Kindle.

Never give up! Keep plugging away! Concentrate on your writing before you start to concentrate on marketing, social media, advertising, blogs, websites or anything that detracts from your writing. Most of all, enjoy what you do and good luck!

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

You make me happy, Daniel. I have no doubt you will succeed beyond what you imagine.

On a related note, I was thinking about the Alchemist and the obvious this morning.

We are sitting on a goldmine here, the ability to create anything we want, and the skills we have acquired during our travels into publishing.

The goldmine is right under our noses.

A citizen of the world.

• Let's hope so . I've gotten only gold dust so far but I know you're right. Just takes that one book to do it.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

JesusNinja,

If you have 50 books and they each sell 500 copies a year at $1 profit each, you have 25 000 extra dollars a year to spend.

If you have 100 books and they sell 500 copies each a year at $1 profit each, you have 50 000 extra dolllars a year to spend.

Oprah Winfrey didn't do one show. She did 4,561.

If she had done just one show/episode, she would not have made all that money.

I think the trick is in the many. Continuous efficient work.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

danielblue a écrit :

Concentrate on your writing before you start to concentrate on marketing, social media, advertising, blogs, websites or anything that detracts from your writing.

I seldom bother with these. Once I have mentioned a new book or a new edition on FaceBook, I, so to say, let nature take its course. Smiley Happy

• DysonLogosDysonLogos Bibliophile

danielblue wrote:

Concentrate on your writing before you start to concentrate on marketing

You do realize that your writing IS a key component of marketing, right?

Marketing is all about the "Four Ps"

Product
    Place
    Price
    Promotion

Your writing is a key component of the product.

• Excellent comment!