Help im new

Hello Lulu world

Please can someone help me I have no idea where to start.

I have writen a book but I dont know how to go about getting going. it has a set number of pages so when i pick my book options do i base it on the amount of pages in my book? or do i add extras in, if this is the case what would these be for?

If i got the page amount inccorect at the being can i add or remove pages

If i wanted to take it off lulu and put it with a publishing company can i do that? or can i keep it on lulu and still go with publisher?

Can I typed the book up in lulu or is it done using a typed up document saved on my computer?

Sorry i have been hunting around the site for ages to get the answers but not really getting anywhere.

Comments

•  

I have writen a book but I dont know how to go about getting going. it has a set number of pages so when i pick my book options do i base it on the amount of pages in my book? or do i add extras in, if this is the case what would these be for?

If i got the page amount inccorect at the being can i add or remove pages

The page estimate is only for your benefit - Lulu is using it to tell you (approximately) how much it will cost to print your book before you start the process, so there are no surprises. The pagecount is determined automatically later in the process.

If i wanted to take it off lulu and put it with a publishing company can i do that? or can i keep it on lulu and still go with publisher?

I don't think there's any publisher who would be interested in a book that's available somewhere else. It would probably be a better idea to take your book off of lulu if you get a deal with a publisher. Yes, you are allowed to do that - but if the book is republished anywhere else it needs a new ISBN.

Can I typed the book up in lulu or is it done using a typed up document saved on my computer?

You need the book typed up and saved on your computer. Then, depending on the type of book (or eBook) you want to publish, you need to format it according to Lulu's guidelines, and upload it to your project. At this point Lulu will know the number of pages in your book (so there's no need to add/remove pages as mentioned above).

• Scyoni has answered well, and the only thing left to say is "Welcome to Lulu!"