images

I followed the instructions for inserting images in the text but when I try to upload it tells me I have text boxes that I must get rid of, which are the images. How do I upload the images without them being text boxes?

Kay

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

With Wordperfect, images and text boxes are two different things, although you can always embed an image in a text in a box.

I suppose you use MS-Word, and images can be pasted anywhere you like in a text. Although I don't use it, I have it. I have just created a dummy paragraph and inserted an image. As far as I can judge, it is an image, not a text box.

I hope someone used to MS-Word will be able to help you.

• Thanks for responding. Yes, I'm using MS-Word, and when I follow the instructions Lulu provides for inserting an image it's embedded in a text box and therefore prevents the download, as you can't have text boxes in your file. Maybe someone else can figure this out.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Hello,

Images in text boxes for print books are not a good idea. Text boxes in ebooks are forbidden.

Delete all text boxes. Insert images in line with text.

Good luck.

A citizen of the world.

• I took a look at the file you are using for your eBook, and it looks like the images are not causing the text box error, it is actually the captions below some images. These are appearing in text boxes. 

For a captioned image, I generally recommend creating the image with the caption included, and inserting it as a single image (caption and all) so they stay together on the page and avoid the text box error.

I grabbed your support case as well and will send a reply via email shortly with a couple of images to help illustrate the problem.

• Welcome back Paul! 

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

So much work to embed text on images. A killer!

Just center the text and give it a style. Works every time!

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

Yet it is so easy with WordPerfect. Smiley Happy