Uploading jpg for colver

We have a print book, with ISBN, that we are trying to convert to a POD book.  We uploaded the PDF  into LULU and that worked fine.  We have 2 questions:

1) I couldn't see how to upload  a JPG image of our cover into your 'create cover' screen

2) Given that we want to sell on Amazon in addition to LuLu, I couldn't see how to create a cover price that shows the costs for selling on Amazon  

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Hello travellub.

It's best not to put a price on it as many retailers will sell at different prices and currencies.

You can upload a one piece jpeg using the old cover designer. Perhaps there are other ways but this is the one I use.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

When you are in the cover creating part, on the right of the screen, you've got a column to add pictures.  Enter this program. You can get your pictures from your Lulu reserve, your computer, your Flickr account, etc. Once your picture is in the column, just move it with your mouse to paste it onto the cover.

• Regarding the price, we have been selling the Physical book for several years at Amazon and retail stores and know roughly what we can charge for the equivalent POD book.  What I want to do is get a breakdown of what I receive for a given cover price after the print cos, Amazon cut, LuLu cut are taken out.  All I can see is the print cost.  Is there a caclulator screen where I can do a "what-if" and see these breakdowns?

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

What you can do is run the project, take down the royalties displayed for Lulu and Amazon (generally a quarter of those with Lulu) after you have decided on the price or kept the default price determined by Lulu, leave the project and cancel it / retire it.

• When you get to the pricing step, you will see this information.