First Class Company

I am deeply touched.

I sent my niece in Europe a book in early May. The book shipped on the 18th but my niece never got it. Who knows where it ended up. But Lulu offered to send her another copy! Free of charge! With upgraded shipping and tracking. So very kind. Thank you very very much!

A citizen of the world.

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

What country if I may ask?

• It's so kind of you to take the time to give credit where credit is due. Lulu did the right thing, and you reciprocated. How nice! The world today needs more of this. 

[making a thumbs up]

Ari

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Jean Paul, I deliberately left the country out of my post here. But if you like I can enable my private messaging and tell you in  private. Let me know.

A citizen of the world.

Ari, how lovely your words!

A citizen of the world.

Em_Press a écrit :

Jean Paul, I deliberately left the country out of my post here. But if you like I can enable my private messaging and tell you in  private. Let me know.

No, no. It's alright. Sorry.

I happen to have sent a book to the National Library of Russia, Saint-Petersburg, on June 30, and I guess it will take at least a month to reach them.

I sent a book to a Russian friend in SPB several months ago, and he hasn't received it yet, while a DVD sent to him in 2007  arrived in 15 days!

There are countries in Europe where the postal service is erratic.  Smiley Happy

@potetjp

Yes, my first thoughts were negative, as in someone thought it was a package of gold for how heavy it is. Erratic postal service for sure.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. I hope your books arrive at their destination safely.

A citizen of the world.

Let's wait.
  • Well done on lulu.com! Well done on you for patting them on the back. I have sent books to several countries and lulu has done me proud. When I have had a problem they always seem to get on top of the problem as soon as possible and are always polite and attentive! Great to see the positive feedback! Good luck on the book by the way! Smiley Happy
  • Jean-Paul,

Russia continues to vex us. They have some thing about not letting our books through customs, and we still don't really understand why some get through and some don't but it is definitely an inconsistency in Russia's policies.

That said, if it hasn't arrived after 30 days of waiting, let us know. We can at least attempt one re-order for you.