I am listed as two Payment Contacts. How do I delete one?

I am an author new to lulu. I just entered my information under Payment Contacts. Somehow my information got listed twice. In other words, it looks like there are two payees, but the information for each is identical to the other. I am concerned this might cause problems for me receiving payments. Please let me know how I can delete one of the entries.

Comments

• Click on my projects to the upper right of page. Then click the link of the book in question. Scroll down the page until you see split creator revenue and click on edit. You should be able to remove or delete one of the additions. No sure how you got two there but it happens. It does get confusing until you've done it awhile. Hope that helps Smiley Happy

• Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately, that does not seem to work for me. For each of my books, I see (under "Creator Revenue Split") myself listed twice, with a 0% percentage listed for both of my entries, like this:

Geoffrey McKinney 0%

Geoffrey McKinney 0%

Underneath that are three buttons:

Save Changes

Remove Creator Revenue Splits

Cancel

None of the three buttons deletes one of the two listings of "Geoffrey McKinney".

I think the root of the problem is that under "Payment Contacts" ( https://www.lulu.com/author/payees.php ) my name, address, email address, and telephone number are listed in a rounded box. Directly under that rounded box is a second rounded box with my identical name, address, email address, and telephone number listed in it. Like this:

Geoffrey McKinney

123 Main Street

Anytown, NY, USA 12345

123-456-7890

Paid via Check

Geoffrey McKinney

123 Main Street

Anytown, NY, USA 12345

123-456-7890

Paid via Check

On that page there is a blue button labelled "Add new payee", but I do not see a button for deleting a payee.

I need one of the "Geoffrey McKinney"s to be deleted, leaving only one "Geoffrey McKinney" rather than two. It's like the system thinks that there are two of me, and it's asking what percentages of the profits each one of me gets.

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

Can you not set the percentage of one of the payment contacts to 100 % and leave the other one at 0%?

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

There is no way to delete it.

By default your payments will always go to the first. But, in order to be sure, in creator revenue splits always make the first you 100%.

I wish there were a way to make it only one. Seeing so many versions of oneself is frustrating. I have raised this issue before in Suggest.

A citizen of the world.

• Given that I can't delete one of me, I have done the following:

I have changed the name of one to Delete Me, given it an address of "1 Does Not Exist", and a phone number of 000-000-0000. The entry with my correct name, address, and phone number I have marked as primary.

To be doubly safe, I have also taken Brambles advice and for each of my titles set the "Creator Revenue Split" as follows:

Geoffrey McKinney 100%

Delete Me 0%

Thanks to all for your input and explanations! Smiley Happy

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Smart. But very time-consuming if one has 50. And some are actually associated with projects -- by the same author.

The 100% royalty split is full proof though.

I still think it needs tobe fixed so that the same author is the same author.

A citizen of the world.

• Come to think of it , I think mine is listed twice as well. But the first one has 100 percent of the profit so the second one doesn't interfere with anything. So you should be fine doing that. I was thinking you could delete one but guess not.

• Hi Geoffrey

Unfortunately, you cannot remove a Payee Contact form. When I asked why, I was told that retaining these records is part of our fraud protection program.  However, it is likely that we will soon make some changes that will allow users to better manage their payment options.