how do i get a barcode for my book through lulu?

I have received a proof copy of my book and there are a few things that need corrected. One thing I do not have is a barcode (some call it a UPC) on the back.  My publisher requires it. Any ideas on how to get one and what the process is like? I already have my ISBN number and Library of Congress Control No.

Comments

• The barcode is only omitted from the cover if you use the One-Piece Designer and upload your own cover.

You'll want to apply the ISBN to the book, and once it is applied, we'll supply a bar code you can add to your One-Piece cover (or, if you use the other designers, it will be added automatically).

Here's the Knowledge Base section on Distribution, with all the information you'll need to getting your ISBN applied:

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/ISBN-Distribution/tkb-p/ISBN_Distribution%40tkb

• May I ask who your publisher is. I have some childrens books that i would like printed but they want money from me. Can you help me.

• Ron MillerRon Miller Professor

Colby2007 wrote:

May I ask who your publisher is. I have some childrens books that i would like printed but they want money from me. Can you help me.

I should point out that there is a difference between someone who prints a book and someone who publishes one. A publisher undertakes all of the responsibilities and expenses of producing a book. This includes editing, design, marketing, etc., as well as the costs of manufacturing the book itself.

A book printer merely produces the physical book. Someone else pays them to do this. The person or company doing that would be the publisher.

• My publisher is DayStar Publishing. I doubt if that will help you though because they don't do kids books by and large. They are very specified in their area. They only publish books that are behind the King james Bible and that line up with a Biblical worldview.

Additionally, different publishers do different things. My publisher is only responsible for advertising my book. The cost of printing, storing, editing, design, etc is all on me. Make sure when you find a publisher that they meet your needs and situation.

My book is Why Man Couldn't Have Authored the Bible if you would like to check it out.

• Stephen9said

Additionally, different publishers do different things. My publisher is only responsible for advertising my book. The cost of printing, storing, editing, design, etc is all on me. Make sure when you find a publisher that they meet your needs and situation.

I'm not sure how you can call them your publisher. Smiley Happy

• Ron MillerRon Miller Professor

Stephen9 wrote:

My publisher is DayStar Publishing. I doubt if that will help you though because they don't do kids books by and large. They are very specified in their area. They only publish books that are behind the King james Bible and that line up with a Biblical worldview.

My book is Why Man Couldn't Have Authored the Bible if you would like to check it out.

How is DayStar a "publisher"?