We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

eBook title difficulty.

Hi, I have run into a snag with the title of my book. In the title is the a name of one of the characters. The character's name has a capital letter in the middle of it. The program will not allow a capital letter inside the word representing his name. Any advise? Thanks. 

Comments

• Ron MillerRon Miller Professor

This is one of the many reasons I dislike epublishing: the interference with an author's creativity. 

• Thanks for responding, Ron. So I guess I'm just stuck (for now) with the format, as is. I am on a major learning curve as this is all new to me. But I shall persevere. At least the cover and title page comes out okay. Its the line across the top of the eBook when it is temporarily loaded to iBook. I am assuming that is the way it will look in the finished product. Oh, well... Again, Thx.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Spell it the way you want and proceed (ignore the warning). Humans will eventually look at  your cover and see that it matches your metadata. It may be accepted.

A citizen of the world.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

It helps to remember that an epub is a very different beast from a print book. With a print book the layout and fonts, etc. can be part of the art whereas with an epub they are irrelevant; all the reader wants is the story. The reader is holding a tiny device in his hand not a crisp, brand-new book that might look good on his bookshelf.

If you want your book to be distributed you have to format the title as Lulu have stated.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

Write your title in uppercase letters.