Once a book has been approved for global reach, can you still make corrections?

A simple question - I maddeningly noticed two mistakes, but it has already been approved for global reach.

Do I have to withdraw the book and submit it again and make a new ISBN, or can I still make corrections and all else stays the same?

Thanks

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

AdrianAllan a écrit :

A simple question - I maddeningly noticed two mistakes, but it has already been approved for global reach.

Do I have to withdraw the book and submit it again and make a new ISBN, or can I still make corrections and all else stays the same?

Thanks

Two mistakes? Just make a revision, and order a proof. Lulu will accept to replace the faulty version by the corrected one, and will forward the latter to distributors. Meanwhile, withdraw your book from distribution, and put it in "direct access". 

• so just to confirm, I don't have to submit this new revision for approval yet again on global reach? It wil just replace the bad version staight away?
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Yes, you do have to resubmit the new files. Once you see the new proof, you will click on Approve for Distribution. Your book will then be evaluated by Lulu and sent off for distribution again.

A citizen of the world.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Given how few books a self-published author is likely to sell you could just

shake it off and forget about those two errors. I know this goes against the

grain of the advice you will generally be given but I am a realist.

Think about it; you might discover error after error after each revision.

Either take the time to go through your book with a fine-tooth comb before

making the revison, ordering your approval copy, and approving your

book for distribution,or do a Taylor Swift.

• Thanks for the replies

These are not major issues and not typos - it is a music book and there are just a couple of mis-placed instructions. 

I did have an unpaid editor, but it seems that even he missed a couple of silly things. 

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Adrian, you will feel more confident if you take care of the errors. Otherwise they will haunt you. Even if you have to order 19 proofs.

A citizen of the world.

• Yes, they will haunt you. I suggest noting changes in your Author Proof copy, and then noting the numbers of the changed pages on a blank page at the back. Do this, but let the minor changes ride and only change the actual manuscript and re-submit to Lulu when you spot a really serious mistake. It's often a good idea to let the MS rest for a month and then re-read it as if it were some other author's book. (Don't submit it for GlobalReach until you have "let it rest" at least once.)