easy e-book ain't so easy ... on Lulu?

I want to have more control over my ebooks, so I decided to publish some thru Lulu, where I have done 20 print books. So, I picked the easiest one, a 70 page Poetry chapbook because it really has no chapters: all the poems are a page or less, 58 of them. So, this is what I now encounter: "There do not appear to be any chapters in your table of contents. This suggests that you need to properly set chapter divisions in your document." I only, now, have one question: why? It's a very short book. The simplest, easiest one I have & it's an e-book on Amazon & B&N, so ...? 

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

If you spent as much time learning how to do it, as you do creating multi-postings moaning that you cannot, you would have learned how by now.

I want to have more control over my ebooks, so I decided to publish some thru Lulu,

In what way?

where I have done 20 print books. So, I picked the easiest one, a 70 page Poetry chapbook because it really has no chapters: all the poems are a page or less, 58 of them. So, this is what I now encounter: "There do not appear to be any chapters in your table of contents. This suggests that you need to properly set chapter divisions in your document." I only, now, have one question: why? It's a very short book. The simplest, easiest one I have & it's an e-book on Amazon & B&N, so ...? 

Because other sites, such as Apple's, insist on a TOC, and to get them on to any site Lulu has to follow their wishes.

You do not have to have Chapters in a TOC to pass Lulu's requirements. Just tag the Title with HS 1, and the word Copyright on the Copyright Page with HS 1, and that will do.