What are the minimum amount of pages Lulu will print?

I have written a childrens book that runs to 13 pages. With the illustrations incorporated within the pages it would probably be nearer 18-20 pages.  Will this be too short?

Oh and I have used font size 18 but this is only for the written word.  I am still waiting for the black and white illustrations.

I would be most grateful if someone could  help me, please.

Comments

• Depending on the book format, you can create a book in as little as four pages. You have to realize that the first page is the title page, and the second page is the copyright page. When you click the create a new book button, check around the different book formats to discover which one it is. I do not remember it off hand.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor
    One page is the minimum. But if you want distribution, find a way to make it 32. Add a glossary, the way to say things in different languages. and Index, About the Author, Illustrator, two title pages--part and full, lead sheets, etc.

Product Line: Premium Paperback

Binding: Coil Bound Paperback

Product Size: US Letter

Interior Color: Black & White

Paper Quality: 60#

Cover Finish: Gloss

Shipping Origin: Global

Min-Max: 1-470 page/s

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

What are the dimensions of your book?

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I have written a childrens book that runs to 13 pages.

As already asked, what dimension of Lulu Project are you creating for? That will make a huge difference to how many pages you will end up with. an 18 pnt font will use more A5 pages than A4 pages, for example.

Also take a good look at Create  http://www.lulu.com/create/books  because not all options can have an ISBN or Dist.

Margin sizes will also make a difference to page count. Avoid less than 0.5" and also use a Gutter. I use 0.16" usually, depending on page count. At times as high as 0.25"

With the illustrations incorporated within the pages it would probably be nearer 18-20 pages.  Will this be too short?

Page count needs to be divisible by four which often adds to page count. It's often usual to add two blank pages to each end also. Not always with paperback, though, but I do anyway. Then, as mentioned, there's the Title Page and Copyright Page. Will the pictures be within the text? Or a page for text and a page for pictures? Doing it the latter way can also add pages.

Oh and I have used font size 18 but this is only for the written word.

Well it's hard to use a font size for anything else Smiley Happy

I am still waiting for the black and white illustrations.

They will be best as 300dpi jpgs, and perhaps also best if they fill a page (between the margins.) It's always wise to design pictures so they fit exactly the page or frame they are going on/in. Don't shrink or enlarge them on the actual page.

I would be most grateful if someone could  help me, please.

B & W pages do not cost a lot of money, so adding all those pages will not cause much distress. It's a different matter with colour.  Smiley Frustrated

So, taking all of that in to account, what is your page count now?

• Thank you Kevin.  That's very helpful . I will try to work on the page counts and will come back to you for any more information if thats ok?

Best wishes

Daisybell