Google Books enabled

I'm not too keen on having my book on Google Books - it seems to show dozens of pages of my book and fear it may detract from sales.

Is there a way of removing it from Google Books?  Is there an advantage to it being on there? 

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Yes, I discovered that enabling Google Book Search meant that they often show up to 20% of a book's contents, and at times from random positions, so I stopped clicking that option.

All I can say is that when I did use it I saw no results from it.

I do not know if it can be turned off, but there's no option to do so on Lulu, but perhaps there should be?

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

sally16 a écrit :

I'm not too keen on having my book on Google Books - it seems to show dozens of pages of my book and fear it may detract from sales.

Is there a way of removing it from Google Books?  Is there an advantage to it being on there? 

This 20% sample of your book is a free advertisement. If you want to stop it , just ask Google.

I often wonder who bothers to sit and read 20% of a book before they decide to buy it, or after that 20% not bother. With a 600 page book that would be 120 pages. It's a ridiculous amount. The cover, the blurb, and 10 pages should be enough of a Preview regardless of page count, not to mention third party reviews. If you sat in a book shop reading 20% of the pages they would possibly throw you out.

• sally16sally16 Reader
    Too right, Kevin! Many thanks for your support. I shall get onto Google asap.

I shall get onto Google asap

I don't think it's as easy as that.

https://support.google.com/books/partner/answer/4431248?hl=en

One problem is that it's not actually us that submits them, it's Lulu via their software.

One can try though I suppose.

• sally16sally16 Reader

Thanks Kevin.

Found this link on Lulu about removal of books from Google Books if that is any help to anyone else? 

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Marketing/Google-Books-FAQ/ta-p/251545