how many isbn's?

I have a print children's book. It's 34 pages 8.5x11 and inside picyures are color. I need to make a copy of this book except in B/W instead of color inside because of the cost and sell both? Do I need another isbn? And, if I do, does that mean that I have to change that book's title? Otherwise it won't take the new isbn. 

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I have a print children's book. It's 34 pages 8.5x11 and inside picyures are color. I need to make a copy of this book except in B/W instead of color inside because of the cost and sell both? Do I need another isbn?

Yes, because it will have to be a new Project starting again with the B/W pages option. But you do not have to change the contents in your book's original file because it will simply print colour in B/W. Do not forget to add the new ISBN code to the Copyright page though.

And, if I do, does that mean that I have to change that book's title? Otherwise it won't take the new isbn. 

No. It's the same book but in B/W, but it will need a new ISBN because being in B/W means it's not exactly the same book, if you see what I mean. Book titles are often duplicated though, but the addition of who wrote it being on the cover, and not the same design of cover, or the same contents or the same ISBNs is a clue to people that those other books by other people are not the same.

As long as you say it's a the B/W version in the Description and that people can see a Preview they will realise the difference.

BTW. Is it hardbacked or paperbacked?