Pocketbook paperweights

Is there any way to create a pocketbook with heavier paper than #50? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

No, but if you go for 6x9 Premium quality you can have 60#.

imageimageimage

Product Line: Premium Paperback

Binding: Perfect Bound Paperback

Product Size: US Trade

Interior Color: Black & White

Paper Quality: 60#

Cover Finish: Gloss

Shipping Origin: Global

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

The Pocketbook says Paper Quality: 89 gsm. At least that's what it shows me as 'UK'. I don't see it as the image Maggie pasted.

• Thats unfortunate. The #50 isn't thick enough.

It is a bit confusing.

Right now I am looking at Create logged in as both US and UK. (Two browsers in case you are wondering.)

In UK set at Premium there's A5 (5.83" x 8.26), Pocketbook (4.24" x 6.87"). They can have Dist. There's two A4 options that cannot have Dist (although I did one not long ago, and it could have Dist! >> see http://www.amazon.com/Steam-Vehicles-Road-Kevin-Lomas/dp/1291600477/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384559103&sr=1-1    ) There's a square option that can have Dist.

It says papergrade on the first three as 89gsm. The next is 104gsm and the next is 108gsm.

Strangely if you scroll right down there's other choices. In the first row there's US Letter, Comic Book but again Pocket book. There's no indication here if they can have Dist. If you select some of the other sizes the option in the main options is deselected, apart from Pocketbook.

Looking at the US options with Premium selected >> US Trade (6" x 9"), US Letter (8.5" x 11" (almost A4)). They can have Dist. They are 60gsm.  Next are two other binding options for US Letter, one uses 70gsm and one  70gsm, but I am assuming it's gsm because it's just #. They cannot have Dist. Then there's Square at 80gsm which can have Dist.

Scroll down and there are other options including Pocketbook and A4!

I can only read English so I wont bother setting to other countries! Hang on, I am now looking at Canada in English and the options are a sort of mix between UK and the US, but the paper grades are the same as the UK. I suppose I could also look at Ireland and Australia, but I will leave it at these three.

Does # mean GSM? If not then what does it mean? If it does mean GSM then there's a remarkable difference between paper grades.

What happens if a person selects UK and then the UK Create options, or the Canadian ones etc? Regardless of where they live? Is there anything stopping them? Are they printed in the UK and the shipping to the US more costly?

• Great observations and questions. I suppose that different continents have different presses and therefore different options. You probably could print in the UK however, I guess it would then go into the UK Amazon and be more expensive to ship over to North America (and not show up as prominently in the Amazon shops here, if at all?).

I'm not familar with the term "Dist". Is that a sort form for Distribution? 

I'd love for some feedback from some Lulu employees on this matter.

OKlulu wrote:

Great observations and questions. I suppose that different continents have different presses and therefore different options. You probably could print in the UK however, I guess it would then go into the UK Amazon and be more expensive to ship over to North America (and not show up as prominently in the Amazon shops here, if at all?).

The weird thing is that Lulu say they attempt to have an order printed as close as possible to the order address, and I have no doubt that they do. So how does that relate to the differing paper weights as seen when looking at Lulu set to different countries? If a book published in the USA on 60gsm paper, for example, but ordered in England, will it be printed on the much thicker paper? (Which if one has used the One-Piece Cover Wizard would that not mess up the spine dimensions?)

I'm not familar with the term "Dist". Is that a sort form for Distribution?

Yes it is. We have to type it so often we get lazy about it  Smiley Very Happy

I'd love for some feedback from some Lulu employees on this matter.

Ditto.