Selling on my own

Another newbie question, if making copies only available to me,can I sell them on my own? If so,are there any restrictions? Like I can't sell online etc?

Or at a booth at an event or poetry reading

Also do I have to buy a ISBN number?

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Another newbie question, if making copies only available to me,can I sell them on my own?

Yes.

If so,are there any restrictions?

No.

Like I can't sell online etc?

Yes you can. Via a free Lulu Spotlight if you want to.

Also do I have to buy a ISBN number?

No, that would then make them available to buy by anyone, on many many sites. But the ISBNs are free anyway.

Can I ask why you wish to sell them independently?

• Oh OK thanks! And I thought you had to pay for an ISBN?
    And honestly I'm still a bit unsure,but mainly because I just thought it'd be better for me

Is it not better to make it possible for 10000s of people to possibly see and buy your book, and you not having had to do anything to create that possibility other than create a book using Lulu with an ISBN?

• Good point! Another question, if I distribute to others like on Amazon do I also get physical copies? And how does it work when someone online buys it,does the copy come from me or Lulu? (I asked in my other post too) sorry if these seem like silly questions I just want to make sure I get it

Good point! Another question, if I distribute to others like on Amazon do I also get physical copies?

No, why should you? But you do not distribute when you use a free Lulu ISBN. Lulu get the book listed at places like Amazon, and when someone buys one, the book is printed and shipped, at no cost to you, and eventually you will get some money for it.

And how does it work when someone online buys it,does the copy come from me or Lulu?

It comes from wherever it's ordered from. With the free Lulu ISBN it ends up listed for sale on 1000s of sites around the world. That's what the use of an ISBN does. You do nothing but get money, hopefully.

(I asked in my other post too) sorry if these seem like silly questions I just want to make sure I get it

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Print-and-eBooks/tkbc-p/forums_kb

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Make your book public, and accept the free Lulu ISBN. After you have checked your proof, and if you are satisfied with the result, order 20 copies to get a rebate, and bring them to your poetry reading.

Have a poster of your front cover. Place it near the pile of books to attract attention. The ideal solution would be to have an inflatable poster that would float above the books, but I am not sure it already exists. Meanwhile a balloon with the poster hanging from it could do.