Preview not working properly

I wonder why my book preview is not showing all the words on some of the pages?

The print ready file is ok, and when I download the file again from my files stored on Lulu, it is all fine

Has anybody else had this problem?

You can view the book and the preview here

http://www.lulu.com/shop/adrian-allan/the-robert-burns-songbook-for-guitar-and-voice-also-suitable-for-guitar-duo-or-fluterecorder-and-guitar/paperback/product-22659759.html

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

I have noticed that the preview facility does not work properly in Windows 8;

you cannot access the scroll forward button so you are forever stuck on Page 1.

• I am still on Windows 7; it will scroll but on some of the pages most of the text is missing

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

The text looks fine, but you have miscellaneous items alone on one page, which makes me suspect you used the converter instead of printing your PDF before uploading and previewing that to make sure it's perfect.

Maybe it's just the previewer -- due to the fact that the screen is small. Anyhow, your text looks good, but check  your PDF and proof copy before sending it off for distribution.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I am also seeing pages with obvious things missing and I am also on W 7.

I assume that's not what you saw in the PR PDF Preview while making the book? There's a possibility that when the Wizard is creating the Spotlight Preview it's having bother converting some content to the lo-res Flash those Previews use.

How you overcome that I have no idea. Perhaps you should contact Lulu's techs via Support?

BTW. Many sites are dropping Flash in favour of the new HTML stuff.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

It's the default preview. You should make your own selection of the sample pages to be shown.

I didn't notice any word missing, that is, blanks in the middle of paragraphs. Some pages have little text and no illustration at all.

The only very abnormal thing I noticed is the blank page before the front cover.

Have you uploaded a PDF of your book to Lulu or a raw wordprocessor file?

• Just to confirm that I have made a proper print ready file, which is all fine when I have downloaded it again after uploading my PDF.

I can only guess, as somebody suggested, that it is a problem with the Flash player file