Obtain book link before publishing on site?

Hello,

I would like to include a link to my book on the book itself. The reason is because my book will be sold through word-of-mouth from people already having the book. It would be convenient for someone who comes across my book (from someone owning it) to be able to see the link, go on here, and purchase it. I wanted to add a QR code, for example, and the link on the back cover.

Can you tell me what the link will be before I upload my book? Thank you.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Your book kind of doesn't exist before you upload it, so no link.

But -- you can upload it, get the link and then Revise to include the link within, and the QR code. Whatever you like. Just do not order a proof until you are sure it's perfect. And if it's not when you see the proof, you can Revise again before you Approve for distribution.

A citizen of the world.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

It might surprise you to know that when people make a word of mouth recommendation

about a book two pieces of information are paramount: the author's name and the title

of the book. The URL where the book can be found does not come into it as most

people are capable of using the search facilities provided by online bookstores.

You have no proof that your book will be sold through word of mouth and don't forget

that the URL where your book is listed, whether it be Lulu or Amazon, will be very long.

However, it is your book so you can do what you wish with it.

• This may not work either, as the link includes the version specific product ID in the URL, which will change once you complete the revision.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

They can of course use an ISBN to trace a book because that's one of the reasons books have them, and why it's a good idea to use them.

• JustPassing a écrit :

I would like to include a link to my book on the book itself.

I thought it was forbidden to include a URL in the text of a book whose PDF file you'll upload to Lulu.
    When, exceptionnally, I have to include one, I replace <@>; by [at] and <.> by [dot].