struggling with external distribution

When I set up the print book, I was not given an option to distribution on lulu, B&N and others. That button wasnt functioning. I was told later that I need to order a proof copy post set-up. I ordered a proof copy, found a minor error in inside pages. Corrected it and uploaded the revised file. I dont see the need to order a proof copy again as it was a very minor spelling error. In any case I dont see that option now.

Since my book is setup and I am also using other paid services of lulu, all i need is a simple mechanism to get my book into distribution. It is not showing me that option.

My book id is 18679050.

the secreenshop that doesnt give the option is attached.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

It's not a choice. Ordering a proof after you upload a revised file is essential. Even if you change one comma.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

When I set up the print book, I was not given an option to distribution on lulu, B&N and others. That button wasnt functioning.

Not all book options can have an ISBN. Take a look here >>>  http://www.lulu.com/create/books    only the ones with a tick can have an ISBN and Dist.

I was told later that I need to order a proof copy post set-up.

That's only if you have already applied an ISBN, and you cannot do that if that book size/type cannot have one.

I ordered a proof copy, found a minor error in inside pages.

It's always invisible to order a Proof (often while still set on Private) regardless of if you have Dist or not.

Corrected it and uploaded the revised file. I dont see the need to order a proof copy again as it was a very minor spelling error.

The Wizard has no idea how small or how great a change is. The software has to assume it could be a totally different set of pages. But unless you have the Dist option then you don't need to order and Approve a Proof to set off Dist, so you do not get the Approve button. (It's also how Lulu are able to make the site, the tools and the ISBNs free. They earn money from the sale of books.)

In any case I dont see that option now.

You said you did not see it before the Revise, though.

Since my book is setup and I am also using other paid services of lulu,

Do the Lulu Services not include actually publishing the book then? What have you paid for?

all i need is a simple mechanism to get my book into distribution. It is not showing me that option.

Well, it wont if it cannot have that option.

• thanks. appreciate your tips.