blogging for authors

Hello all,

I'm considering starting an online blog about writing and self publishing. As well as novel writing, I have given talks to local charities in the past and organised self help groups on the subject. I intend relating all that experience in my blog and even include some of my many unpublished short stories for followers as inspiration to kickstart their own work. My question is which blogging site is best for writers? I'm sure others on Lulu do this. My daughter has suggested using Tumblr. She has about 1200 followers for her art and related narratives on her work. I'm considering this or perhaps the Wordpress or Blogspot sites. But which would you suggest is best?

Look forward to any suggestions.

Cheers all!

Comments

• You could always submit a Guest Blog post to our Lulu blog Smiley Happy

http://www.lulu.com/blog/2016/04/be-our-guest-blogger/#sthash.T7g6zVE5.dpbs

For your own blogging, I am a Wordpress fan myself.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

This article may help:

Tumblr versus Wordpress

• Interesting article, Daniel and plenty of food for thought. Paul, I may consider that. I didn't realise Lulu had its own blog, but then again I've never thought to look for one!

• Looking for book reviews of my first book ? It's just been released and it's a fantasy series . Book 1 is Dragon Spindle . It's the first of a five book series and as its my first book I would like some reviews . I have had a lot of good feedback so far but it's only just been released today . I have not written before but spent a long time planning and setting up as I am dyslexic so it took a good year and I am half way through book 2 . Please let me know your thought as any feedback is good feedback !

Thanks very Much indeed

Jethro J Burch

• JethroJBurch wrote:
    Looking for book reviews of my first book ? It's just been released and it's a fantasy series . Book 1 is Dragon Spindle . It's the first of a five book series and as its my first book I would like some reviews . I have had a lot of good feedback so far but it's only just been released today . I have not written before but spent a long time planning and setting up as I am dyslexic so it took a good year and I am half way through book 2 . Please let me know your thought as any feedback is good feedback !

Thanks very Much indeed

Jethro J Burch

People aren't really going to notice this request here at the bottom of an unrelated subject. You could do with creating a new thread, preferably in the Author Workshop section. Be sure to include a link to your book and ensure that you have preview enabled so people can have a look at it.