Republishing book under different title

Sales are really down for this book. A friend suggested a different title and cover. I think I've asked this before but what suggestions do you guys have? I have this cover from 2 years back someone made with a different title. Should I try and see what happens? Of course it's not fair to those who bought the book and may buy again under this one. So good idea or not? Or other options? Untitled.jpg

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Make the cover design more subtle. Change the background, remove drop shadow. No lines. They are distancing.

You could flip the title. Example: Into the Mysterious Art of Kung Fu from a Christrian Standpoint. That way, it's not about you. It's information they need.

A citizen of the world.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

I'm not sure that it is a good idea to change a book's title if it is essentially the same book. It might cause some confusion and resentment if people buy the same book twice. If you do change the title you will need to bring this to the attention of the potential buyer in your blurb.

I used to sell some really short stories at $0.99 and then I decided to bundle 5 stories together and charge $ 2.99. I stated in the blurb that the stories had previously been published as stand-alone titles and I listed the old titles. I also placed this on the first page of the book so that anyone using the 'look inside' facility could see it. No doubt there might still be some people who buy the new book, without paying any attention to the notice, and then send it back but at least I have tried.