A bit confused

So a couple of things i am confused about.

First off was told by a few people they brought my ebook on kindle. When will it show on my account that they have been brought as at the moment everything just say 0.00 ect.

The other thing is i just realised i hadnt sorted out my payment thing woopsy and sorted it but seen the bit it said about tax? Do i have to fill that in i dont have a number or nothing it said somthing about 30% withholdal thing or somthing im not a bright spark and so all this stuff is confusing. What im gathering from searching and all is that money will be withheld untill 30% tax is taken if i dont fill in this form? is this right? i live in the UK. 

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

So a couple of things i am confused about.

First off was told by a few people they brought my ebook on kindle. When will it show on my account that they have been brought as at the moment everything just say 0.00 ect.

Many on-line retailers set a monetary amount that has to be reached before they pay out, Amazon is one, and I forget what their amount is, possibly $20. It's often normal to pay out at the end of the following month also.

Then again, it's not unheard of for people to say they have bought a book when they have not.  Smiley Frustrated  If we sold 1000s a week we would not notice, but if those are the only potential sales then we do notice ...

The other thing is i just realised i hadnt sorted out my payment thing woopsy and sorted it but seen the bit it said about tax? Do i have to fill that in i dont have a number or nothing

I have no idea about other countries (I am in the UK) but I would assume that if you are not at working age yet you will not have a tax code or NI number, but you should have some kind of identification number because it's given at birth.

it said somthing about 30% withholdal thing or somthing im not a bright spart and so all this stuff is confusing. What im gathering from searching and all is that money will be withheld untill 30% tax is taken if i dont fill in this form? is this right? i live in the UK. 

30% is withheld, not the entire amount. (It's seems unusual to us Brits that those who use Lulu are treated as Lulu employees for tax purposes.) So yes you do have to fill out that form when you start to earn money. Is it now on line on Lulu like it is at Amazon? It's very simple at Amazon. Just a couple of details to be filled in.

But the time to worry about it is if you are selling many books  Smiley Happy

• Thank you for replying it makes much more sense now haha I'm 21 so have a ni number and all its just when I read it all I thought what? I'm not great with forms or numbers to be honest. I find it difficult to translate it all into simple text haha