Flattened transparency looks bad

Hi,

I'm using Publisher and when I flatten the transparency (when saving as a compliant PDF/A, it does it automatically from what I understand), it looks bad with a white box around the picture which hides whatever text or picture can be underneath.

I found this: http://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-the-white-box-effect.php

Can my problem be solved the way it's described here? i.e. telling lulu to turn on overprinting when printing...

How can I make the transparency effect still be there after flattening transparency?

Thanks.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

I use Adobe Pro only when it's absolutely necessary. The rest of the time I use DoPDF. Give it a try and see if your file looks better.

A citizen of the world.

• I downloaded doPDF and it saved y Publisher file as a PDF file of 525Mo with no better quality than when saving as a PDF through Publisher (wich then is 60Mo), plus it doesn't seem to be PDF/A compliant. I don't see any option that could allow to change that...

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Lulu accepts files generated with DoPDF. And the result is gorgeous.

Show examples of what the quality issue is. Perhaps you can flatten the file in Photoshop, then print the PDF.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I create images complete with required text as jpgs in some art/photo prog, Flatten the layers, then Import them to Word. I would assume that method works for any other page creating application.