Having problems proofing my eBook on Kindle

I've created a draft of my ebook using the correct header formats (Header 1, 2) according to Lulu's How to guide. I downloaded the .epub file and used Calibre to convert it to .mobi and transferred to my Kindle to check out. However, the auto-generated TOC does not appear, the cover page is not there, and the text is too large. Did I miss a step?

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor Professor

Generate table of Contents in Sigil (using lulu created epub) and see what appears.  If no headings appear then you need to reassign Heading styles.

Use this updated file and convert to mobi using Calibre.

A citizen of the world.

• Paul_LuluPaul_Lulu Admin Admin

If you're downloading just the EPUB, it's a good chance the cover didn't get included. I believe Calibre has some functionality to merge them, if you'd like. On Lulu, the cover (marketing image) and the actual EPUB are separate, so when someone buys the book, they'll get both, but when you just download the EPUB we don't connect them.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor Professor

There is an add the cover feature in Sigil and Calibre. But-- if you add the cover yourself, it will appear three times when associated with your actual book. Once, marketing image, once added by Lulu and once inside your book added by you.

A citizen of the world.