Heading 1 and 2 issue

Hello - I've published several ebooks with Lulu but never came across this problem as I didn't have to use H1 and H2 on the same page. According to Lulu, "a page break is inserted before each use of the Heading 1 and Heading 2 styles to indicate the start of a new chapter or section."  So in my draft Heading 1 stands alone in a page when I want it on top of Heading 2 title. Has anyone discovered a workaround this auto page break insertion? I want both H1 and H2 to be on the same page. Appreciate any help you can give.

Comments

• I don't believe you'll be able to achieve a Heading 1 and Heading 2 on the same page. You can always keeo the same Heading style and use soft-returns to keep them linked, so that they are not on the same line, but it will need to be the same Heading style (ie, Heading 1 OR Heading 2, not both).

• Alternately, you can use Heading 1 only for your title.

Then use heading 2 for chapters and 3 for sub-chapters in the body. That way you could have chapter and sub-chapter listed on the same page.

• Thank you, but I need the table of contents to have levels which is a key aspect of my book. Guess I'll have to live with the blank pages.