Ebook cover

Hello,

Thanks for your assistance. I am a bit confused on how the ebook cover works. I created that ugly genric cover, but already have a picture to be used. If I get someone to create the cover, what specs should I give them?

300 dpi -

What about colors? It is one page so how would that work?

I don't know what embed means in a word doc. I know what it means on a website, but is there some code that should be included with the image to imbed on the 2nd page? 

I want to give them as much info as possible, since I think I am out of my comfort zone right now. 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Hello Sea,

Tell your designer to create a cover 6.25 x9.25, text far away from edges (so that you could use if for a print book later on). Make sure your cover text matches the title page and information you enter when you set up the book project.

Jpeg, RGB. I make ebook covers 300 dpi. Always accepted.

When you upload the cover, disable automatic, lulu generated author and title.

A citizen of the world.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Make a copy of the jpeg you receive from your designer and then resize this copy to

612 x 792 pixels as this is the size that you need to upload for an ebook cover.

As 612 x 792 pixels is not the same ratio as 6.25 x 9.25 inches you might have to experiment with cropping a section of the jpeg so that it will look OK at 612 x 792. If you simply convert without cropping your end picture might be too fat, or too skinny. When you crop, the width of the crop should be 77.27 % of the length, i.e. 612 pixels wide and 792 pixels long.

• That is exactly what I needed. I know I read it somewhere! Thanks!