Shipping to Me

How long does it generally take to receive the book once it is bound? 

Comments

• After it's purchased it takes around 3 days or so to print but may take up to 5. Then it ships to you and that depends on what shipping you paid for and your location as to how long it takes to get there.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

I am French. My Lulu books are printed in France. I take the cheapest shipping option. A softbound book ordered on Sunday is delivered to my home in a quality cardboard case about a week later. If the book is hardbound, its manufacturing takes more time.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

My books are printed in Toronto and I live in the Montreal area. One to two days to print, one to two days to ship. Insanely fast.

A citizen of the world.

• I've been very happy with the speed it takes to get my books shipped to me. I believe my books are printed in North Carolina and I'm a South Carolinian. Like others said, about a week. Lulu is awesome on their shipping. I've never had a problem with them and my books always look great.
  • This is the only downside of publishing with Lulu. Their printer is on the east coast of USA; I am located in Arizona. Printing the book is quick. This part is nice. But I have to wait at least 10 days before I receive my book -- unless I want to pay for airmail shipping.

josephbabinsky a écrit :
    This is the only downside of publishing with Lulu. Their printer is on the east coast of USA; I am located in Arizona. Printing the book is quick. This part is nice. But I have to wait at least 10 days before I receive my book -- unless I want to pay for airmail shipping.

A good reminder America is a continent-sized country.  Smiley Happy

• I was just reading this discussion and as I am completely new here, I was wondering if when I do get to complete and publish my book in hardback, do I get sent a copy in the post to approve first?  Is that what you are all talking about?  So therefore, Lulu won't physically publish my book until I have received my copy and have approved it?

Tessiebear a écrit :

I was just reading this discussion and as I am completely new here, I was wondering if when I do get to complete and publish my book in hardback, do I get sent a copy in the post to approve first?  Is that what you are all talking about?  So therefore, Lulu won't physically publish my book until I have received my copy and have approved it?

Hello,

Whether hardback or softback, once you have created your book, and everytime you make a revision, you have got to order a copy, check it, then approve it for your title to be distributed.

In view of a hardback edition, I'd suggest to start with a private softback one, and do the public hardback edition (with an ISBN) only once you have corrected all the mistakes and all the typos. Human nature being what it is, a couple of revisions,if not more, might be necessary until your book is flawless.

Never ruin your good name by having a faulty book distributed.

Be confident. Smiley Happy